Wednesday, September 1, 2010

hello...

This blog is a purely selfish exercise...
Although i'm not generally a horrible person to be around, I do have the tendency to let small, and arguably insignificant unspoken social shortcomings eat away at my cynical side, and the general idea here is that i'll use this blog to help me feel as though my opinions are being heard, when in fact no one is listening...

To me it seems as though having a blog is like getting a tattoo across your stomach saying "Such Is Life"... Although there'll always be some cotton-on clad "lad" who thinks you're a patron saint, and that everything you do or say should be taken as gospel, at the end of the end of the day, you're just a washed up meth-head with nothing going for you but your chiseled jawline and a few good games of football... Too Literal?

Either way, this thing exists now... And i feel as though you, my dedicated and non-existent readers, should know something about the guy you're currently judging...

Important stuff...

1. This is my girlfriend...


Yes, she is gorgeous, she can be simply described as the Best thing in my life, And she is Mine..... I used to think i was the archetypal "underdog" in life, but as you can see, this is no longer the case... So based on every teen move made since 1992, i guess that makes me a Jock?... good hustle...

n.b. My girlfriend also has a fashion Blog, which is at least 6 times more interesting than this tripe. http://charliefoxer.blogspot.com/

2. ... I use ellipses far to often...

3. I love my family, and they love me, and despite my constant complaining and my Insufferable amount of neurosis, i remain an incurable optimist...

4. I am completely aware that there is almost certainly nobody reading this...

5. If you plan on actually following this blog, you should get used to seeing these people... They are my favorite people ever (Family and Girlfriend excluded)



 Suffice to say i'm well and truly "with Coco"... He's the perfect example of an underrated comic, wrote for SNL, the Simpsons, and hosted the funniest late night TV show of all time... Yet NBC would rather have a giant chin with the comedic relevance of Woody Allen doing a Berlin stand-up gig in 1942 hosting their best show...



The Office Changed my life and made me want to be a writer... Merchant and Gervais are the modern day equivalent of Morcombe and Wise and i more or less love everything they've ever done. Karl Pilkington is probably the greatest idiot on earth...



Watching "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is like therapy for the neurotic, frustrated balding Jew inside of me... The only tattoo I've ever genuinely considered getting, is a small "WWLDD" printed onto the back of my hand (what would Larry David do?)



Bowie has 26 albums, and not one of them is the same... Not only that, but every single one maintains his own amazing sense of melody and song structure...I genuinely think he's one of the most important musicians to ever have lived...



The greatest band on Earth... Anyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment